The Innocence Abroad

... observations of the International

Monday, September 12, 2005

Ich bin in Erfurt gegangen!

So I finally got to see a little of my future home: Erfurt and Thüringen (the state of which Erfurt is the capital.) I definitely took to the town- lots of really beautiful buildings. I am really looking forward to the move- though I am going to miss Radolfzell and the people I met here. But to give everyone a taste of what Erfurt is like here are a few pics.
These first two are pics of Erfurt- just a couple of the very interesting looking buildings here. Soon I will have some more...


These are a couple of pics of Jena- beautiful landscape

So I found this sports bar- I had two reactions: 1. How the hell did a American sports bar end up in this city of a mere 100,000 in the middle of former East Germany end up with an American sports bar called Cheers? 2. Alright- I can get to watch the World Series and the Steelers play!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home