The Innocence Abroad

... observations of the International

Friday, November 18, 2005

Everyday sights...

Here are the tings I see everyday... My room in my Wohnung... So where is my bed? you ask. It is the couch! Don't worry InWent didn't fid me some hole in the wall that had no decent bed for, the couch is supposed to function as a bed. It is quite nice to sleep on too. Gemütlich!

Meine Küche...

Getting on the Strassebahn. One can get anywhere (or just about) in Erfurt riding the streetcar....

Here is the bathroom (we have two actually). In this bathroom, it doesn't have a shower so to speak. The showeread that I would normally use is on lower part of the wall, just above the edge of the bathtub. It is not really for showering, luckily I do have a shower in the other bathroom.

Döner Kebab! You don't find this tasty fast food anywhere else but Germany (or mainly in Germany, I have't really checked other countries). Puten Fleisch, Salat, Zwiebeln, Tomaten, und Tzatziki (or I definitely recommend the scharf Sösse.) You can also get Schaff Käse. Or get the Vegetarisch without meat! Alle sind toll! I have three Kebab stands on the same block as my apartment. So for three Euros I can be lazy and not have to feed myself. Don't worry I am not buying this everyday- I only go once a week or so.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What a great looking apartment! It looks like a really nice place to live. I'm glad they set you up so nicely.

Do all the Doner stand make their Doner with Turkey? In Lippstadt, my favorite Doner shops made it with Lamb. Man I love that stuff! I wish we had it here.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Just a link I found talkign about doner Kebap...it is related to the Greek Gyro after all. I prefer the Doner, though.
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/TravelDetails/Food/DonerKebap.html

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home