The Innocence Abroad

... observations of the International

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Some more scenes of Erfurt!

Another part of erfurt is where the more modern and imporant buildings are.
This is the big ice rink in Erfurt it is right in between the Thüringen Parliament and the Soccer Stadium. Lots of coll ice skating here of course and the hockey team plays here.

The Thüringen Landestag- state government meets here. You wouldn't really even know this was here or that it was something special without have a Street Car sign saying Landestag. It was a leftover from the communist years and definitely is humble in its appearance compared to state capitols in the US.

Thüringenhalle: the place for parties and concerts. At the beginning of the Semester there was a hug party here for all the students, much like FallFest at WVU. Very good time and the party goes late, real late.

The front gate of Steigerwald Stadion, home of Fussball Club Rot-Weiss Erfurt (FC RWE). The team is pretty bad, which I unfortunately witnessed a couple of weeks ago against Kiel (when I get the pics from inside the stadium I will definitely give a more detailed account). The only goal scored by them was actually and accidental goal scored by Kiel, on themselves. I am looking for a real soccer team to cheer for when the end of the NFL in February comes, so far this is not promising. Though I am used to cheering for losers, I mean my favorite team is the Pittsburgh Pirates...

The Black Dragons (Die Schwarzen Drachen), Erufurt's Ice Hockey team. They happen to be pretty good. I haven't got to see a game yet, but I plan on going soon enough.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya'know, every once in a while you'll put up a picture that says to me "He's really getting the hang of this photography thing!".

The Thüringen Landestag picture is framed nicely, with some great perspective. Great job with the little Kodak =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home