The Innocence Abroad

... observations of the International

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Prague and Berlin

Over the holidays I took the opportunity to do some travelling sine i had so much time off and visited Prague and Berlin, where I brought in the New Year at the Brandenburger Gate! It was a great time. Anyway Here are some of the pictures of both cities. The reall shame is that my battery ran out and I didn't get as many pics as I wanted, especially in Berlin. In no particular order here are photos....

Here is a section of the Berlin Wall. It is crazy how you can walk anywhere in the middle of the city and casually cross where the wall was. 20 years ago, I would have been shot for doing something that is so simple. Simply amazing when one thinks about it.

This is St. Vitas Cathedral at the Prague Castle. Amazing, especially with all the snow... It was built almost 800 years ago, and the castle complex (it is like a little city in itself) was built in 850 A.D. Amazing to think how old this place and city really is...

This is the Sony Center in Berlin. It is more impressie in person (or maybe I could take a better picture...) Anyway it is supposed to light up at night and look similar to Mt. Fuji. You can also catch movies in English there, so I got watch my first movie (in the theater) in english, in a long long time. It was Woddy Allen's new film, Match Point. I am glad I didn't try to watch this in German, considering, I would have been bored because I wouldn't have understood half of what was going on. Right now, watching movies is good excercise for my german, but it is better if I have watched the movie in English before like Harry Potter or if it is a simple adventure movie, like King Kong. Ones that are heavy on dialogue are too hard...

A look at Prague from the castle.

St. Nicholas Cathedral in Prague. I went to a concert here for Christmas music. The Christmas market in Prague was still going on for the week I was there, even after Christmas was over. In Erfurt, the Weihnachtsmarkt ended before Christmas even came, so it was a pleasant surprise.

These are some more photos of Prague.... very beautiful all of it.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home