The Innocence Abroad

... observations of the International

Monday, January 30, 2006

Some scenes from Colonge for Mid-Year Seminar

So a couple of weeks ago I had to spend the week in Cologne for a Mid-Year Seminar for my program. It was a great time, I got see many of my friends in the Program who I had met in Radolfzell and even D.C. right before I left.

This is an interesting scene from inside the Cologne Dom, this is supposed to hold the bones of the Three Wise men who visited Jesus after he was just born. It has been housed here since the late-Middle ages.

Here is a side shot of the Cologne Dom. It when finished in 1883, the tallest building in the world. That actually didn't last very long, because in the city of Ulm in Bavaria built a bigger tower in its cathedral about five years later. Then the skyscrapers started popping up...

A distant shot of the Dom, from across the Rhein river.

Chan, and Tyler Moore. Chan is a friend from Radolfzell CDC, and Tyler I shared my dorm room in D.C., all the way back in July! ( I can't believe I am halfway through this year!!!) This other dude, I have no clue, who he is. I guess he was just sitting there and saw a opportunity to be in a picture.

Emily, Tyler Ashton, and Mike- all Radolfzellers. It was definitely great to see everyone again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home